Friday, November 21, 2008

Chad's cutting up the elk.


This is Chad cutting up the meat from the elk, so we can have meat for the year. Yup, that's right, we eat it all year long. It's actually pretty good, but then again maybe I'm just used to it. He gets pretty excited about it as you probably will notice from this picture. It's a lot of work for him. He cuts it all up and processes it and makes us some ground meat, steak, roasts, etc. It's a way we can save a bit and have some food storage. Chad always says when he goes hunting that he needs to provide for the family. That's just his excuse so he can go hunting(kind of funny!).

1 comment:

Andrew said...

I remember my dad used to cut all his own meat when I was little. I'm sure I was one of the few who grew up on venison!

We have a blog!

Thanks to Heidi Moser, we now have a blog! I don't know exactly what I'm doing, but hopefully I'll get there. I've already erased some posts, which I don't know how I did. I was just trying to add to them. Oh well! I was looking at other peoples blogs and I thought how neat they all were. Just like Heidi said in our first post that I somehow deleted "What a neat way to let family and friends know what we are up to!"